While some foods act like boosters for your sexual life, others could run your sexual life for real. A healthy sexual life is the pillar that gives strength to a relationship, but your daily habits and diet significantly impact it.
As per the recent studied conducted conducted by the Indian Institute of Sexual Medicine (IISM), Chennai, in india on an average, 16 percent of the population suffers from various forms of sexual dysfunction.
Having a healthy sex drive is linked to feeling physically and emotionally healthy, so it’s no surprise that the foods that you eat and lifestyle that you follow could boost or ruin your sex life.
If you think you are lacking in your sexual life, then you really need to work on your eating habits and the diet. If you don’t know where to begin your journey toward a healthy diet, This article will let you know about sexual problems and what kind of food could affect your sexual health. Read till the end to know more.
What are Sexual Problems?
If you are someone who is facing persistent, recurrent problems with sexual response, desire, orgasm, or pain, then chances are you are facing sexual problems, which are known medically as sexual dysfunction.
Types of Sexual Problems:
- Desire disorders: When you don’t feel like having sex or lose interest while doing it.
- Arousal disorders: loss of ability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activity.
- Orgasm disorders: take a lot of time; delay or absence of orgasm (climax).
- Pain disorders: You feel extreme pain during intercourse.
Sexual Problems Cause:
- Physical: If you have a medical history, it means you face problems like kidney failure, heart stroke, and any other medical conditions, including cancer, which could result in sexual dysfunction. If you are on certain medications, including antidepressants, blood pressure medications, and chemotherapy drugs, they could impact your sexual drive.
- Hormonal: Menopause, diabetes, and recent pregnancy could result in sexual problems. Your body’s hormone levels drastically shift after giving birth and during breast-feeding, which could impact sexual drive.
- Psychological and social: Untreated anxiety or depression and a history of sexual abuse The worries of pregnancy and the demands of being a new mother may have similar effects and could lead to sexual dysfunction.
Try Liv Muztang Capsules to Improve Sexual Health and Stamina for Men
Signs You Are Facing Sexual Problems:
What sexual problems men face?
Problem in maintaining erection (hard penis) for intercourse also known as erectile dysfunction.
- Delayed ejaculation even after enough sexual stimulation also known as (retarded ejaculation)
- Inability to control the timing of erection (early, or premature, ejaculation).
What sexual problems women face?
- Delayed orgasm.
- Insufficient vaginal lubrication before and during intercourse.
- Couldn’t relax the vaginal muscles during intercourse.
- Lack of desire or stimulation for sex.
- Inability to arouse or delayed arousal .
- Pain during intercourse.
- sexual anxiety.
- concerns about sexual performance.
Foods that can cause sexual problems?
It makes you feel alert and can peak your anxiety level, which often leads to a lower skin drive. It can boost stress hormones, keeping you alert at night and making it harder for your body to relax for sex. It could distress the body and impact your ability to relax. So avoid it if you don’t want a lower libido.
Feeling drowsy and dizzy after drinking is not a big deal.
Wine and beer increase your levels of melatonin, which is also known as the sleep hormone. “Just one glass makes you sluggish,” says Kasal. In fact, besides causing liver damage, intake of excessive alcohol can also cause erectile difficulties, inhibit orgasms, and increase your partner’s chances for premature ejaculation.
Are you one of those who can’t do without a can of cola on the weekends or on a daily basis? Well, you should rethink your snacks and beverages. This could be a major impediment to your sexual life. As
They have a high amount of artificial sweeteners, such as aspartame. The excess of them in your body could impact your serotonin levels, also known as happy hormones. They will make you feel healthy. Also, numerous studies have indicated hints towards how low numbers could lead to low libido in men and women.
Another problem associated with them is belching. It’s your body’s way of removing excess air from your upper digestive tract that could hinder your sexual performance. If you take them before sexual pleasure.
Also, they can cause metabolic problems and reduce your testosterone levels in the long term.
You probably guess by now that processed foods are not recommended to maintain your sexual drive.
- Processed Meats: As they are red meat with a high amount of saturated fat, which can block your arteries, Avoid them; they can give you long-term erectile issues.As,French fries contain trans fats that could harm blood flow to private parts.
- Cookies and biscuits: As whole wheat gets processed into white flour,they lose at least three-quarters of zinc, a vital mineral that is so valuable for sexual and reproductive health.
- Processed Cheese: Those who claim to be pure cow milk cheese are also led with synthetic hormones. Intakes can interfere with your body’s natural balance, including hormonal ones, and can impact your reproductive health.
Canned foods have a high amount of dietary sodium in them. And they can lead to a blood pressure problem, which could impact blood flow to your private parts.
If the problem continues, then it could lead to sexual-related problems, including erectile dysfunction. Also, canned foods have BPA (a chemical that could severely impact your health), including sexual health.
As per the study published in Human Reproduction, those people who faced BPA reported lower sex drives and lower overall satisfaction with their sex lives than the rest.
Are you one of those who live for taste? Then think again; it could throw salt into your sexual life. Highly salty food can lead to acid reflux and indigestion, and that’s not something one wants before the performance.
- Spices, especially intakin, excessive salt in daily meals could lead to high blood pressure. That could lead to improper blood flow to private parts and cause ED-related problems.
- Salt increases water retention and bloating in the human body and also impacts blood flow. It’s the blood flow that makes an orgasm possible, and too much salt makes it more difficult to get to that point.
Taking mint before kissing is so romantic, right? But what if it impacts your desire and energy for a quick performance? As for what is actually going on, various studies have shown that chewing peppermint gum is an added buzzkill because you tend to swallow air, which leads to more gas.
Not only your drinks and morning beverages, but the snacks that you consume contain a high amount of calories!
The excess amount in the bloodstream could lead to harm to your sexual partners. When they exceed their number, your liver converts them into excess fat. This excess fat could deactivate or harm your sex hormone-binding globulin gene, thus lowering your protein level. That controls the testosterone and estrogen levels in one body.
Saturated fats are the type of fat that is found in animal-based foods such as meat, cheese, and butter.
- Dairy products:
Full-fat dairy foods such as cheese and butter contain the remains of antibiotics and other medications that are fed to the cows. Excessive intake of them can hamper our arteries as well as the prostate and thus lead to erectile problems.
They have a high amount of saturated fat that could lead to the buildup of plaque in your arteries. This buildup restricts blood flow to your organs, including the penis. The result is that the person faces problems like ED and other sexual dysfunction.
Therefore, try not to eat too much saturated food, as it can cause high cholesterol levels. That is highly associated with several sexual dysfunction problems.
Excessive amounts of soy in your diet can lead to a hormonal imbalance in your body. Excessive intake of them could also lead to raise your cholesterol level…That could cause sexual dysfunctions such as erectile dysfunctions..
Cruciferous vegetables include leafy, green vegetables like broccoli, mustard plants, and cauliflower. They cause methane production in the body as they are hard to digest easily for the body. Therefore, to digest them, our body starts releasing methane bacteria, which could lead to passing gas. And it can ruin your mood in the bedroom and may impact your overall performance.
Try to deduct all these food items from your daily meal for a healthy lifestyle; they will make you healthy not only physically but mentally too. Instead, add nutrient-rich, healthy foods to your diet.
Food that can boost you libido and sex life
We have prepared a list that one could have to cure the sexual problem. They are the following:
- Ginger and garlic: Helps improve blood flow, reduce oxidative stress, increase reproductive hormone levels, and may improve fertility. Ginger may also help with sexual dysfunction, like erectile dysfunction.
- Fruits and vegetables: They have antioxidant potents, sufficient vitamins, and minerals that promote blood flow, especially to the private parts. Fruits help boost stamina, and energy helps with long intercourse.
- Nuts and seeds: They are good sources of healthy fats that boost heart health. so that proper blood flow to various organs, including the genitals, could be maintained. They also contain zinc compounds that help stimulate the production of testosterone, a key hormone for a good sexual life.
- Fatty Fish: Fish have high fatty acids that help stimulate blood circulation so that it can reach your private organs and help provide good sexual health.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains have a high level of fiber that helps keep energy levels stable by controlling blood sugar levels. They also benefit by reducing the amount of fatty acid in the bloodstream and helping with sexual dysfunction like the ED.
- Dark chocolates: They have a high level of flavonoids that help stimulate blood flow and improve overall sexual performance. In men, adequate blood flow helps achieve erections. While blood flow to the vaginal area can help women boost sensitivity and arousal, Intake also helps release endorphins, which help promote a positive mood during sexual performance.
- Lean proteins: Found in chicken, turkey, lean beef, and tofu, help provide essential amino acids necessary for overall health, including sexual health. amino acids that give the body more energy to sustain sexual activities for a longer period of time. It helps turn on someone sexually as they allow healthy blood flow to your reproductive organs, which increases arousal.
- Leafy Greens: Spinach, kale, and other leafy greens are rich in folate, a B-vitamin that supports your entire endocrine system. Leafy greens’ high nutrient and mineral counts are advantageous to the libido and other sexual functions. With a healthy endocrine system, your body will have the tools to encourage sexual desire, including supporting the libido, strengthening the kidneys, and boosting metabolism.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries help stimulate sexual drive. Being rich in zinc, eating them can increase the production of testosterone in men. This hormone is essential for sperm production and libido.
- Pomegranate: They are also considered an aphrodisiac, can also increase testosterone levels in both men and women and increase sexual desire on both sides. It helps with erectile function due to its antioxidant potency.
If changing your diet doesn’t help you much in improving your sexual drive, then try the following medication: However,it is always advisable to consult the doctor before taking any medicine.
Sexual Problems Treatment
It depends on the type of sexual problem one is facing and what kind of treatment suits our sexual problems. Here,we have gathered some necessary information about medicine and treatments one can take for treating sexual problems.
Medicines that help in curing sexual problems are the following:
|Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5)
|It helps enhance blood flow to the penis and helps achieve an erection once sexually aroused.
Doses: Take 25 to 100 milligrams (mg) with an empty stomach about an hour before having sex.
|It helps treat sexual problems and is effective in treating sexual dysfunctions like ED. Duration:Takes effect within 20 minutes.Doses should be taken at least half an hour before intercourse.
|It helps increase the levels of cGMP, relax muscles, and increase blood flow to the penis. This improved blood flow contributes to the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. Duration:lasts for 5 to 7 hours but may last up to 12 hours. And takes effect within 10 minutes.
|It helps smooth muscles and makes blood vessels widen, therefore allowing increased blood flow to the private parts.
|Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
|It is recommended for patients facing delayed ejaculation.
|Hormone Replacement Therapy
|If you feel imbalances in your hormones,try this therapy; it could help treat your sexual problems.
Ayurvedic herbs that could help boost sex drive, strength and endurance naturally
There are some ayurvedic herbs that could help you naturally without causing any side effects. They are the following:
Ashwagandha also known as Indian Ginseng, it can cure premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
Boost fertility and testosterone levels in men.
Reduce stress and improve sex harmony.
Shilajit‘s aphrodisiac qualities help control ejaculation and improve sexual stamina.
production of testosterone levels.
boosts the production of testosterone levels and treats erectile dysfunction by improving the blood flow to the penis.
Try SK Turbo Treats Shilajit Gummies to improve sexual stamina
Powerful aphrodisiac and adaptogenic Help in increasing libido and sperm count.
It helps cure conditions like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
Well known for its aphrodisiac and nerve-stimulating properties and thus helps improve the performance of men. sexual health issues, including erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Moringa prevents early ejaculation.
Have aphrodisiac properties and possess blood flow enhancement properties.
It helps increase penile blood flow, boost sexual performance, and may lessen erectile dysfunction.
Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris )
It helps in managing erectile dysfunction as it strengthens the penile tissue and enhances penile erection.
Shatavari Promote fertility, particularly for the female reproductive system.
It helps increase libido (sexual desire) and improves the quality and quantity of sperm. It helps stimulate sexual desire and improves sperm count and motility.
Also assist in boosting sexual performance by delaying the ejaculation time.
known as Nutmeg, is an aphrodisiac and helps improve sexual performance by enhancing libido and sexual desire. helps enhance blood flow, which is vital for erection.
Habits You Should Avoid for a Better Sex Life
You’re too busy.
Constant worry could fill your body with stress hormones and take a toll on your desire to have sex. Take some spare time from your busy life for healthy sex.
You diss our body.
Feel proud of your body, as it could break your confidence. Eventually leading to an impact on your sexual life. Don’t make your partner feel bad about their body image.
Smoking is not only injurious to your health and wallet but can impact your sexual desire as well. Tobacco chemicals could impact the blood flow and imbalance your hormone level. And both factors play a vital role in health.
Try Addiction Killer for Smoking Addiction
Having dinner too late at night
It means delaying digestion, and eventually your tummy will feel full. Don’t feel like sleeping.
Lack of exercise:
Doing a desk job and still not enrolling in exercise. Think again, as it means you have no body movement and you feel lazy and moody during sex. It will also block the blood flow to the private parts, which could impact your sex drive.
Lack of Sleep:
Not getting enough sleep will lead to a rise in stress hormones that lower your sexual drive.
The Final Statement
A healthy diet not only helps support your sexual relationship with your partner, so for a healthy sexual life, try to avoid the above-mentioned foods and rather have a balanced diet that could help improve your overall health. If you still face issues, try the medicines and ayurvedic herbs. Don’t hesitate to consult your doctor if you face severe sexual problems.
Being a journalism student, I had the chance to explore diverse fields, but my fascination with Ayurvedic herbs and medicines led me to become a specialized content writer in the Ayurveda niche.
Fueled by my passion for understanding Ayurvedic herbs and their benefits, I leveraged my educational and professional background to create content on a wide array of Ayurvedic topics, from wellness tips to herbal remedies and personalized health advice.
Juggling a career in content writing with my role as a dedicated blogger, I’m committed to unraveling the mysteries of herbs, remedies, and lifestyle changes associated with Ayurveda. My goal is to inspire, educate, and guide individuals on the path to a healthier life through the wisdom of Ayurveda.